Thursday, August 5, 2010

Birthdays and Buddies!!

Since this is Ryden's birthday month (shockingly, I have now accepted this and am ok with it), I have already started to plan a grand soiree for him. The theme is Rootbeer & Summertime, and I think I actually have all the details under control. Since we are making all the food, we'll see how I'm handling it when I am down to the last minute. I really can't wait and I have already started to do some test baking (cooking the cupcakes without dairy and soy). Everything has turned out great.
Eric even went to Macy's on sarturday and got us one of these to make all the mixing so much easier. and I love it by the way.


Here are some of my decorations I have already gotten or made. The old radio flyer I am going to fill with ice and root beers. and if you can see the Kern-mason jars, I am going to fill them with ice cream and put on ice near the root beers.

So, people can make their own floats. I'm also going to buy some of those old, paper straws.
This is some of the flag garland that I made.


Here are the cupcake holders that I am going to put the cupcakes in (and last night, I found recipes for root beer cake, so, I am going to give that a shot!!!). Who knew they make root beer schnapps.





and here is the cutest, littlest, itty-bittiest bunt pan that I found at an antique store that I am making my DS's cake in. Probably just vanilla.



I am super excited!!!

and just for fun, here are two videos that I shot of Ilsa and Ryden playing htis mornig. Really, who said you needed an older sibling to have fun.... =)





love, us

3 comments:

  1. we're so excited for ryden's first bday! can we bring anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could watch them play all day!!! I love it when Ilsa starts spinning. She is just so sweet and gentle with him too. Michelle, everything for the party looks so wonderful and I'm so excited too see videos from his big day (the 23rd?). You area crafty Mama now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, thank you, but I believe we are good. Just bring your lovely little tribe.

    and Melissa, party on the 22nd (sunday) and his birthday is the 25th (the day after yours). I will try to make sure we film and I hope to have some really nice pictures!!

    ReplyDelete